This is the first year I’ve set myself proper reading goals and stuck to them. That being so, and being almost three-quarters of the way through the year now, I wanted to take a moment to think about my reading progress and consider the things I’ve read so far this year.
The books I’ve read this year so far (written in colour to make the list look slightly more exciting) have been:
- The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
- Love, Nina, by Nina Stibbe
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Very Good Lives by JK Rowling
- All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher
- The King’s Curse by Philippa Gregory
- the first person and other stories by Ali Smith
- The Bees by Carol Ann Duffy
- Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins
- Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stephanie Perkins
- Isla and the Happily Ever After, by Stephanie Perkins
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher
- Every Woman for Herself by Trisha Ashley
- Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbel
- More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
- All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman – Review Pending
- The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman – Review Pending
- The Taming of the Queen by Philippa Gregory – Review Pending
- The strange and beautiful sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton – Review Pending
- The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan – Only Half Finished
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaria – Only Half Finished
My target for the year is 40 books, excluding re-reads – which leaves me 16 books to go in the next four months. That is actually less than one book a week, so I think that it is (hopefully) still achievable!
Of the books I’ve read so far this year, I’ve really enjoyed most of them. Certain books really stood out, so this list is composed of those it just felt wrong not to mention.
In no particular order… except for my absolute favourite!
Joint together are:
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman
The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
And, my favourite book of the year so far….
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
What have been your favourites reads so far this year? Let me know in comments! Have you read any of the same books? What did you think?